OUR VISION AND PHILOSOPHY
CASS recognises the uniqueness of each child and the importance of play in the lives of children. CASS staff, working in partnership with families, are committed to providing quality care within a caring environment that embraces diversity.
The overall aim of CASS centre-based child care services is to promote the well-being of children under our care through our risk management efforts and non-discriminating practice in child care programs. We value and believe in a caring and stimulating environment which provides safety and security for children.
Individual children are valued and encouraged to choose activities in which they are interested. Play enables children to learn by ‘hands on experiences’. We recognise that play is the means by which young children develop their physical, intellectual and social/emotional skills.
At CASS child care centres we value and believe in fairness, equity and inclusion of all families, children and staff. Our Centres value the importance of relationships to children’s health, wellbeing and development.
Individual CASS child care centres will seek to carry out the following objectives:
- Provide an educational program based on the ‘Belonging, Being and Becoming: The Early Years Learning Framework’ which is built on children’s interests in a calm and caring environment.
- Provide a meaningful educational program taking into account the different abilities and strengths of the children, with the aim of improving the educational and developmental outcomes for children.
- Provide an education program which acknowledges and includes the diverse experiences, perspectives, expectations, knowledge and skills of all children, including school age children.
- Encourage the participation of children with additional needs and provide opportunities to develop their potential.
- Value individuality and the diverse community we serve.
- Adopt inclusive principles and practices, having regards to the children’s abilities, culture, religion and linguistic backgrounds.
- Respect differences, value cultural diversity and share traditions with respect and appreciation.
- Encourage the participation and contribution of families; and work in partnership to improve educational outcomes for the children.
- Take an active role in caring for its environment and contribute to a sustainable future.
- Commit to professional teamwork where the staff value and respect one another and the contribution they make to ensure a cohesive team.
- Commit to ongoing professional development.
- Support the principles of social justice.
- Commit to continuous improvement and quality.